Sunday, January 27, 2013

iCandy takes on Hollywood

This is a story about volunteer work. Now I know I got you all excited when I said Hollywood, but in my defense Hollywood got all excited when I said iCandy.

You may, or may not, know that moms are known for doing volunteer work. It’s true! The moms have helped volunteer everywhere from historical monuments to the local grade school. They help museums create displays, archeologists dig, as well as donating time and food to the area’s local food bank. What can I say, we are moms and volunteering is part of the job description. Seriously! When you become a mom you put that little minion first and you donate almost all your time to the effort of helping them grow into what we hope to call a civilized adult. So we are totally naturals* and why not put that effort towards other worthy endeavors too? I mean everyone wants a Momadonna around them! Everywhere I go I see business just begging the Momadonnas to help, they put up signs like “volunteers needed” and I know that’s just for us. Having a Momadonna in the building makes everything so much better.

Hollywood is the same, and they could definitely use a little Momadonna influence. So iCandy bravely stepped into that void. She joined the Sundance Film Festival and over a week impressed such famous actors as:
 
Dermot Mulroney from movies such as My Best Friends Wedding and The Grey

Jennifer Hudson from Dream Girls and American Idol
Alicia Keys The talented artist who crated such songs as the current hit Girl on Fire.
UFC/MMA  - all of them the whole Ultimate Fighting Championship League had to be impressed with iCandy, and I don’t blame them she does stand out in a crowd.  I am just curious to see if Jr. Santos dared to arm-wrestle her or not?

Ahhh Sundance its a great place to be and I just bet the Momadonnas will have more to say about it in the future.... including the Professional hanging out at Ashton Kutcher's After Party.

* I want to point out when I say we "are totally naturals” that is completely different from saying we went totally natural – you can see the difference right?

No comments:

Post a Comment